Tomato & Garlic Rasam:
(can be done without Garlic also)
I have had fascination for cooking as both my sons enjoy my preparations. Hence I hijack the kitchen during weekends to delight them with my cooking. Over the years it has gotten better as I cook with passion to feed them some Tirunelveli delicacies. It all started in the US and continued after returning back. I even went and cooked for my elder son while he was doing his Under Grad in University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign.
Here is my recipe for an yummy rasam with NorthMadaStreet’s home made rasam powder.
- Lemon or less than that size tamarind in water, boil and take the juice out and keep it aside
- Peel garlic and keep in microwave for a minute or two and cut it into small pieces
- Cut 2 tomatoes to small small pieces and keep it aside
- keep a vessel with water, asafoetida, garlic, cut tomatoes with a 1 1/2 or 2 spoon of https://northmadastreet.com/collections/home-page-snacks/products/rasam-powder-250-gms Rasam podi and let it boil
- cover up the vessel with a plate partially not completely
- add the tamarind paste water to the Rasam
- add freshly chopped coriander to the rasam
- allow it to boil well
- do thaduka with jeera, garlic small pieces, coriander and curry leaves in ghee and add it to the rasam
Enjoy the yummy rasam