Tirunelveli Special Red Moorkuzhambu - From Sai's Kitchen
Tirunelveli special Red Moorkuzhambu (Kadi in rest of India) is very unique compared to the green chilly variant and is made with red chilly instead of green chilly that is traditional.
- Urad dal (spoon or less)
- Methi seeds (Vaendhayam) - 5-6
- Red Chilly
- Dum Aloo or Seppakizhangu (Colacassia) or Ladies Finger go well
- Scrapped Coconut
- Fry urad dal and 6-8 red chilly depending on how much spice you want in coconut oil and keep it aside
- Take either half or 3/4 of coconut depending on how much Moor Kuzhambu you want and make it into small pieces
- Add the above with the fried one and grind it in a mixie with little water
- Take little curd and mix it with the above and grind it for few seconds for proper mixing
- Boil both in very low flame so curd does not break
- In parallel cook 10-12 dum aloo or small round Arby / Seppakizhangu / Colacassia in cooker or 6-8 ladies finger cut in to an inch size and fried with little salt in oil
- Add one of the vegetable from above
- Do tadka (tempering) with curry leaves, mustard, hing in oil and add to the moor kuzhambu
- Add salt in the end as otherwise curd will break
Enjoy the tasty Tirunelveli Special Red Moorkuzhambu with white rice along with fried dum aloo / Arby (Seppakizhangu / Colacassia) curry and having additional Kallidaikurichi Ullundhu Appalam (urad dal) is divine.
Next day morning soft dosa (Utthappam or Set Dosa) with this red moorkuzhambu is devamritham. Don’t heat it up but have it from refrigerator.
Leave a comment